Saturday, January 15, 2011

Is this progress?

It looks like a bunch of witches hair, but it is actually metres of prepared bias.
I cut, fold and baste the bias before using it.
This quilt was started in the days before iron-on bias was invented.
With the amount of bias this quilt requires ( about 184 yards of 1/4 ", 5.5 yards of 3/8", and 7 yards 1/2 ") it is way more cost effective to make my own.
I have managed to empty a cotton reel as well, a good use for older cotton.
I have been basting the first round on many of the blocks, so will have some progress photos soon.

1 comment:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I think the retail bias looks pretty cheesy. Yours will befit the overall beauty of the quilt. You are making great progress!!